Sunday 13 August 2006

Born To Lose

Hands up if you honestly thought we could beat the Swans yesterday. To be frank after we'd kicked the first two goals I started to wonder whether we were actually a chance. As you may well know we were not. Class prevailed in the end and we got done like a dinner.

Personally I was as sick as a dog and sat there for four (well, three and a half) quarters looking emo, coughing my lungs out and trying not to throw up before dramatically storming out at the 10 minute mark of the last.

Crowd Watch
For the third consecutive week I suffered angst at being seated in the midst of complete morons. It doesn't matter where I go people annoy me. This is why, were I loaded, I'd buy my own Demonblog.com corporate box and remove myself from the bogans in the grandstand. For the rest of the year I'm going back to my old tactic of sitting in the back row of the entire place with nobody near me.
End Crowd Watch

Due to the fact that I am still completely rooted I'm OUT for writing a full report. All I will say is that I don't know why they persisted with Miller at CHF for so long and left Dunn on the bench or wandering around completely out of position. Miller is NEVER going to be a gun CHF - let it go.

2006 Allen Jakovich Medal Votes

5 - Jared Rivers (a couple of dodgy disposals aside the difference between a 6 and 15 goal loss)
4 - Matthew Bate (is scoring the points Sylvia did in the first three rounds for playing half decently in a rotten side)
3 - James McDonald
2 - Cameron Bruce
1 - David Neitz (four goals that kept us in it, but ranked down for a series of brain explosions)

Leaderboard

37 - Cameron Bruce
32 - James McDonald
30 - Brock McLean
20 - Brad Green
19 - Jared Rivers (Leader: 2006 Marcus Seecamp Medal for defender of the year)
19 - David Neitz
17 - Aaron Davey
16 - Byron Pickett
15 - Travis Johnstone
13 - Nathan Carroll
12 - Matthew Whelan
10 - Matthew Bate
9 - Colin Sylvia
6 - Russell Robertson
6 - Adem Yze
4 - Chris Johnson
4 - Daniel Ward
4 - Ben Holland
3 - Nathan Jones
2 - Brent Moloney
2 - Brad Miller
2 - Clint Bartram
2 - Jeff White
1 - Nathan Brown

Next week: North at the MCG. Players will return. No excuses. If we lose this it's over. If we win there's an ever so small light at the end of the tunnel. Instant blockbuster? Balls to that. For the first time this year I'm shafted from a game because of work so if you want to do the review and hand out the all-important votes let me know (supermercado AT demonblog.com).

And now I'm going back to bed. It's been lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crack the sads here... (to keep out nuffies, comments will show after approval by the Demonblog ARC)